Thursday, May 20, 2010

why do kids stick things in their nose!

i don't understand why kids need to put things in their noses! (or in tysie's words a "secret place".) tysie started screaming last week and i couldn't really understand her until she kept yelling, "mom, a bead in my nose!" oh yes i looked in and sure enough a bead was lodged in her nostril! what to do.....i tried having her blow hard to get it out and it just pushed it up further in her nose. so we dropped dax off at a awesome neighbors house so he wouldn't have to come, and headed to the ER. trying not to laugh because it is funny i tell the nurse that she has a bead in her nose. and the doctor came in almost with a blank stare after her looked at it...don't worry the ER can't get them out! what an expensive waste of time, we ended up at our ENT who had it out within like 5 minutes of being there! so tysie's lesson of the day is to NEVER PUT THINGS IN OUR NOSE! and my lesson was if they do, don't go to the ER, go to an ENT! i think tysie is my curious child, so i'm guessing i have more of these days to come...

here's tysie holding her bead. she was happy the whole time and stayed really calm for being so uncomfortable!


6 comments:

Ticey said...

Okay that is hilarious! I guess its just cool because it is a hole so why not stick something in it!

Palmers said...

Oh my heck that is funny! Luckily we haven't been there yet knock on wood but I always hear about it with other peoples kids. It is a good secret hidding place though you have to give her that:) I would never look there.

Marky said...

Oh Tysie, she is so funny!! Glad she was ok, and I love her dress I just got it for Nevi!!

Roger and Stephnie said...

We know all about that one! Braeton stuck a bead up his nose too. Luckily we were able to get it out at home with tweezers but it is nice to know where to go if it ever happens again! I'm glad it worked out for you!

blog n' tell said...

Oh dear....Patyon put an M&M up her nose when she was Tysie's age. I got the tweezers and dug it out!! It makes you wonder if these dear children sit around thinking of ways to make thier mothers freak out!!

Erika said...

How cute. Once Gwen stuck a tangerine seed up her nose and I had no idea until that night when I was tucking her in and she sneezed and the seed came shooting out. Kinda funny. To this day I have the seed.