Monday, September 12, 2011

kids...

so many stressful moments as a mother...it has been a stressful night, and of course always by myself. i was struggling to get kids fed and bathed and tolerate all the tired screaming that was taking place. kembrie had just fallen and cut her lip and i was to my breaking point...i looked over cause i heard Ridge laugh., dax was rolling the football and playing catch with him. he'd roll the ball and ridge would catch it and throw it back and laugh his head off. i'm pretty sure a couple tears rolled down my cheek......
grateful for this little moment that made me remember why i love being a mother and why i love my kids so much.

6 comments:

Palmers said...

It is moments like that, that make it all worth it:) It was sure fun seeing you the other day at the soccer games. I hope you are doing good. I can't believe your Tysie is in pre-school. I didn't know she was that old.

Ticey said...

I remember once when I was at my breaking point (and this was just with one kid) and I was telling my Mom about it and she said obviously the joys of being a mother out weigh the cons or else we wouldn't keep having kids :) I have always remembered that! Such a cute story - I bet Dax just loves having a brother!!

Lacey said...

That is sweet...I can imagine how you feel some days. I feel overwhelmed and I just have 2...I always call my boys the sourpatch kids...sometimes they are sour, sometimes they are sweet :) (i hope you have seen that commercial or you are not going to really think its funny) :)

Branch said...

Sorry I am not their to help you! What a sweet moment! I love that although Carter makes McKoy cry (ALOT) McKoy loves him and is always laughing at Carter.

April said...

Darling little story. Dax sounds like such a good brother and such a great kid. I have those breaking point moments on a weekly basis. It's actually encouraging for me to hear that other mothers, ones that are better suited then me, have those moments too.

The Zaugg family said...

it is hard being a mom. but it is such a wonderfully hard job. Its nice to see that you have times that you think are hard. to me you seem like you are always so put together and never have those days. but its those times that make the great times wonderful!! kids are awesome and thats a cute story.