Tuesday, October 13, 2009

what do i do?!

all right all you moms.....are you getting the swine flu vaccine? everyone knows i'm PRO vaccinations and such but i have been so back and forth and so torn on what to do! my kids got the normal flu shot (flu mist actually) and i have still not decided completely on what to do. i've heard so many different things. my bottom line is i want my kids to be safe and i think we're all bound to get the flu if i don't prevent it since it spreads like WILDFIRE! everyone is getting it! so please tell me what you think (ticey you might have some insight since you just got the flu!?) let me know what you think. i did hear that if you're going to do it, then to do the shot not the mist cause the mist has mercury in it which is all the rage with autism.....and ogden doesn't get the shot in till the end of the month but then will it be too late? any tips or advise would be great!

3 comments:

Ticey said...

Well too late for my family - since we all have it right now :) I had every intention of having Hutt get the shot, but they don't have any and we caught the flu before. So now are bodies are immune to it and there is no point in us getting it now. I haven't really heard much negative about it - basically because like you said they it is spreading like mad so they are encouraging everyone to get it (especially pregnant women, kids under 2 and older people). So like I said I was for it, and I would have had Huttson get it if the flu didn't get to us first. But I guess it is up to you and your gut feeling. Sorry I am probably no help. Just make sure you really watch your kids if they are feeling sick and don't hesitate to go get them looked at immediatly. Fever is a huge indicator of the flu (mine was up to 104 - not good).

blog n' tell said...

I am also pro vacc. but I am scared to death to get this one since I am pregnant. Problem is they haven't done alot of testing on pregnant women. I think the kids are okay getting it, and I would definitly do the shot verses mist. We had some side effects from the reg. flu mist this year. I got online and read that the flu mist contains LIVE cultures. That's why pregnant women and other high risk groups can't have the mist. The shot version is dead cultures. Funny they don't tell you that when you are choosing which one to get. But you are right if you wait for the shot like us pregger ladies have to we may have already been exposed and have the swine flu before we can get one. My suggestion...put the kids in a bubble for the rest of the flu season. Just kidding...Lots of hand washing, and stay away from crowds. My pediatrician told me the worst places to go during cold and flu season are walmart and church. Hope everyone stays healthy at your house!

Roger and Stephnie said...

We have been talking about what to do as well. I just keep thinking that they got the vaccine out so quickly that they didn't have much time to test it out for side effects, especially effects that won't show up for awhile. I don't think we will get the vaccine, but more than likely we'll get the flu. I wish we could just put life on hold for the entire flu season and not go anywhere!