Wednesday, November 11, 2009

it's done!!!!!!

tysie's bedspread is finally done! yay! ok so i know i'm slow a year and a half in the making but oh well it's finished right! i wanted so badly to try to get some of the talents that are in the blood of the women of my family (i'm just not there yet) but at least i'm trying! this top quilt is kembrie's that my mom made for her, and it matches the bedspread (pic's below) of tyise's. i actually sewed the all the squares of the quilt and had it machine quilted (it has cute flowers quilted in it it's darling!) and then my sweet mother finished the binding for me (oh and she did the borders too) it's just so hard for me to ever have a moment without my kids to do anything so i'm so grateful for my mom and all she does for me and the patience she had helping me do this quilt! i love it! now i can finally finish the girls room.

the pictures don't do it justice.

tysie was a little upset that i took her picture too. but she matched on sunday so i had to take one with her on it right!

me and my mom painted these flowers on the wall too. i still need to make more butterflies. but hey we're making progress! and don't you love the bed. my parents let me borrow it, me and my cute sisters slept on this daybed growing up. it had a trundle underneath. i love it! someday also i want to switch out the gold knobs:)





8 comments:

Ticey said...

WAY CUTE!! I love it - and look at you go little miss sewer. I can't sew nothing :) Well I love it all!!

Shiloh and Bob Willey said...

LOVE it!! Turned out soo cute! You are just as talented as your whole fam- it's becuase your Mom is a perfectionist- and makes everything so cute and PERFECT!!! I would probably drive your mom crazy- when I make a craft I usually just throw it together even if I don't have all the materials I need:)

Kristi & Mike said...

Their room is sooooo cute! Man you guys are sooooo talented it makes me so jealous. Next time I come up you and your mom need to give me a sewing lesson. I sure love you guys@

blog n' tell said...

The room turned out darling....I love the bedding! And Hey better late then never!! Super cute !!

Marky said...

Janae you did such a great job!! Those are both so CUTE! Way to go...

Branch said...

So cute! I love how she is pouting in that picture! Hillarious!

April said...

Hey Janae, thanks for the invite! I'm glad to be looking at your blog :) You are very talented! Her bedspread is darling.

Roger and Stephnie said...

You are so talented! The bedspread looks amazing! I can't wait to spiff up Braylie and Brenna's room like that. Someday....